|Wing Load (kg/m2)||32.4|
|Power load (kg/hp)||6.9|
|Ceiling||more than 1000m|
This aircraft was built in private workshop (Moscow, near Khodynka) belonging to A.A.Bezobrazov in cooperation with F.E.Mosca. It was actually triplane-tandem, because upper wing was far ahead of the middle one, and the lower wing was practically a tail plane, carrying elevators. Wings were very narrow (1:25 aspect ratio) to make aircraft less visible from below.
In original design cockpit was flush with fuselage, pilot was provided with periscope and windows in fuselage sides (like later was done in "Spirit Of St.Louis"). Long drive shaft from engine to propeller was planned to fit radial engine with long aerodynamically clean nose.
Those advanced ideas appeared to be quite complicated, and aircraft had conventional nose and cockpit.
In 1914 A.A.Bezobrazov was drafted to the army, and aircraft was finished and flown (Oct. 2, 1914) by F.E.Mosca. In December 1914 A.A.Bezobrazov was commissioned after heavy wound. Aircraft was transported in Aviator's School at Sevastopol, where it was modified. In June 1916 triplane was transported back to Moscow, and on August 6 got a fill nose-over after undercarriage was broken during takeoff.
In February 1917 triplane was repaired, but what happened later to this machine is unknown.
|Modified September 8, 1997||Back to|