|Wing Load (kg/m2)||19.5|
|Power load (kg/hp)||8.8|
Aircraft was built by famous Russian aviator Nikolaj Vasilievich Rebikov and inventor Grigory Gerasimovich Chechet with financial support of Moscow rich man M.K.Ushkov. It was demonstrated on the Second Moscow Aviation Exposition (Mart 25 - April 8, 1912), later - flown on Comendant Airfield near St.Petersburg.
It was a 'inverted' biplane (upper wing was much smaller than the lower one) with biplane tail planes. Ailerons were only on the upper wing, during tests - added to the lower one too. Wings were equipped with anti-slide surfaces.
The first aircraft in Russia to have steel wielded frame in front fuselage. Additional control surface was added to the tail in order to compensate load on the control stick. This kind of additional surface will be used during following 15-20 years on heavy aircraft such as F.62 Goliath, TB-5, MDR-3.
On July 5 1912 aircraft (flown by N.V.Rebikov) was crashed and not restored.
|Modified September 12, 1997||Back to|