|Engines||1*100hp Gnome Monosaupape|
|Wing Load (kg/m2)||24.7|
|Power load (kg/hp)||8.6|
All designations were used for 2-seat biplane reconnaissater, advanced for late 1915 but outdated in 1918. Project was initiated during summer 1915, and aircraft was flown in December same year. Handling was not satisfactory, and many modifications were introduced, directed mostly on moving center of gravity forward.
Engine cowered with aluminum, forward fuselage - plywood, tail and wings - fabric.
After all improvements, aircraft became quite a good performer. In May-June 1917 several loops were demonstrated by pilot captain D.A.Makarov. Widely used in WWI and Civil War. In 1918 aircraft was retired to trainer duties.
Anatra D No.14
|Modified September 8, 1997||Back to|