|Wing Load (kg/m2)||49.3|
|Power load (kg/hp)||12.3|
|Maximum Speed (0m)||161km/h|
|Take off Roll||120m|
High wing monoplane, first in the USSR had fuselage frame made of wielded steel tubes, without bracing wires. Front section covered with aluminum, tail (behind passenger section) - with fabric. Central section of the wing was included into fuselage structure. Project was approved for construction in May 1924.
Aircraft was built as a K.A.Kalinin graduation project at RVZ-6 (Aircraft repair workshop) in Kiev by team including D.L.Tomashevich, A.N.Gratsianskij, A.T.Rudenko starting September 1924. It was ready in June 1925, made first flight with young military pilot S.A.Kosinsky on controls and K.A.Kalinin as a passenger/observer. Aircraft was ferried to Moscow (September) for State Acceptance tests. At that moment obsolete 170hp Salmson engine was replaced by more advanced 240hp BMW-IV.
K-1 was found acceptable for service in the Civil Air Fleet, and it was decided to continue development of this type. K.A.Kalinin got for this purpose workshops of Ukrvozdukhput (Ukraina Airways, literally), late renamed into GROS. This experimental enterprise will became a mass production factory in its time.
|Modified May 25, 1997||Back to|