Experimental fighter biplane. The propeller (3-blade, first in Russia) was fitted at the extreme tail, behind the tail plane. It was driven by a long shaft by the engine, which was installed in the mid-fuselage (almost hidden). Machinegun was fitted in extreme nose right in front of the pilot, providing easy access for reload. Pilot's view was almost unrestricted.
Wing pitch could be changed in flight - popular feature of a time, despite giving little advantage.
Aircraft was built in workshops of Kiev Polytechnological Institute. During flight tests (late June 1917) tailskid was broken during landing, resulting in tailplane and propeller damage.
Here traces of aircraft are lost in turbulence of pre-revolution period.
|Modified January 25, 1997||Back to|