M-4, Sch-4, D.P.Grigorovich, Schetinin

40k photo from "History of aircraft construction in the USSR", Vol.1 p.138;

Flying boat, development of the M-3. Almost same fuselage, new wing airfoil. Tailplane angle could be adjusted by the pilot in flight. Performance improved, and M-4 was accepted by the Sea Department after flight tests in Sevastopol (1915).

Four built, two served on Baltic Sea, two on Black Sea.

Predecessor(s):Modification(s):

M-3
Sch-3

M-5
Sch-5

References
  • "History of aircraft construction in the USSR", Vol.1 p.159;

  • Modified September 17, 1997 Back to
    Main Gate