|Function||Ground Attack, Experimental|
|Weights (kg) and loads|
|Loaded weight||2560 (3088?)|
|Wing Load (kg/m2)||84|
|Power load (kg/hp)||3.3|
Experimental ground attack aircraft, with tail planes as large as 45% of the wing area. Elevators (on the 'tail' wing) served also as ailerons. Twin tailfins placed BELOW the 'tail wing' for unrestricted gunner's operation. Main gear was retractable.
This wonder of nature was built in MAI workshops. Flight test started December 5, 1937 and lasted until 1939 (pilot P.M.Stefanovsky). Results were positive, better than typically observed for tandem aircraft. But lack of support did not allow the aircraft to enter mass production.
|Modified June 14, 1997||Back to|