'Dwikhhvostka' (Twin-Tailed) by G.P.Adler/ V.V.Slusarenko


Biplane with two tailbooms (plywood) of oval cross section, containing engines (150hp or 220hp Izotta-Frascini) in their front section. Crew of three occupied the nacell between the booms.

Project was initiated by G.P.Adler, assembly started during second half of 1917. Stopped shortly by revolution and civil war.



References:
  • "History of aircraft construction in the USSR", Vol.1 p.189;

  • Modified October 6, 1997 Back to
    Main Gate